The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at
home in the bosom of my family.

-Thomas Jefferson


Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Self-Appointed Hiatus


Lest the cybershpere deem us boring, I would like to assert that we have indeed been living a fruitful life. Occasionally, I think it is healthy to just fall off the face of technology. So, we did! But, we have had several fun happenings recently.

1. It has finally stopped snowing and we have christened the BBQ and eat outdoors twice a day (if not more!). The routine of several mile-long walks have started up again and Alli was glad to be stroller-free on our last outing.

2. Alli turned four and had a successful book party full of family and new books. She has found a new passion in the recreation center gymnastics class she is attending.

3. Nick is prepping for the first triathlon of the year that will take place this weekend in St. George.

4. Miriam is loving stay-at-home mommyhood and felt spoiled to be able to attend BYU Women’s Conference

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I'm of the majorly plugged in to media and technology type. I don't know if I could ever fall off the face of technology, but I have taken long blog hiatuses so I understand. As you can see though I'm commenting the next day which means I never gave up on you! I knew there would be something new and exciting from my Miriam sooner or later! Oh and just to make this comment as long as possible, I've been wanting to tell you how I think of you just about every time I clean my kitchen sink. All because of the "Did we get a new sink?" comment given to you after you cleaned yours.

. said...

Yeah, I love purging the internet every once and awhile (I too am taking a hiatus - two weeks.) I'm still leaving comments on others' blogs, but as for my own, I'm taking a little break! Your hubby is amazing to do a triathlon. Isn't that a long swim, a FULL marathon, then biking a billion miles? Wow. Can he motivate me to walk 2 miles? Because I really am out of shape.