The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at
home in the bosom of my family.

-Thomas Jefferson


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Discovery in the Deluge

With all the nostalgia associated with rainy days, it is darling to see that Alli loves them as much as I did as a child. The Eyre’s tell me to foster her creativity and imagination that are innate gears built into a child’s mental engine. So, when she devised a way to keep her eyes dry while playing in the rain, I didn’t comment on the perceived “waste” of two circular Band-Aids (what use are those things, anyways?) but praised her on her adept use of her resources. The result was one happy child who successfully performed her first hands-on science experiment.




4 comments:

. said...

I love the Eyres! I too have heard fo them, and love their philosophies on parenting. And what a creative kid you have. She looks like a super-hero with the bandaids!

The San Diego Mills said...

What a clever little trick that is! The only downside I can see is possibly injuring the eyelashes, but nonetheless very creative! She looks so precious skipping around with her invention over her eyes.

The San Diego Mills said...

P.S. The title of your post prompted me to look up what the word deluge meant, apparently I'm a dummy and you are a smarty!

Just Me said...

That was great!! I think she has solved this mystery of what the little round band-aids true purpose is!!