The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at
home in the bosom of my family.

-Thomas Jefferson


Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Springtime Easter!

We were really blessed to have Nick's mom and little brother, Drew, stay with us for the past several days and they were able to join in our pre, during, and post Easter celebrations. This year we tried to find some fun traditions to not only maintain but start, as well. For example, Good Friday tasted sweet with Hot Cross Buns (Alli can now sing the tune, even while eating them). We also did Easter "devotions" every night--using cutouts to reinact the last days of Christ's life, singing songs about the life of Jesus, and opening 12 plastic eggs each containing a bit of the Easter story (a broken piece of bread, a miniature cross, nails, etc.).

Of course, Paas came through with flying colors. I really despise the smell of hard boiled eggs, but Drew and Alli had a blast experimenting with the palatte of vinegar extracted rainbows, so I just tried my best to block out the sulfer smells.

The Easter Bunny delivered Alli's basket on Saturday. I highly recommend starting that tradition since the din during the Sunday service was obviously sugar based. Alli got all dolled up for the day, princess hair inclded! (She's so cute waving to Nick who was inside the house trying to hurry us out the door)
The whole family came over for the dinner and egg hunt. Nick and I love to cook and we were pretty proud of our chosen menu and the success of it's tastiness. We had ham, curried fruit, funeral potatoes, green bean cassorole, and more hot cross buns. While the cooking process took place, the adults gorged ourselves on caramel rum pecans with shaved Gouda....wow. What a celebration of new life and the love we have in our beautiful family.

4 comments:

Gretchen Alice said...

Happy Easter, Miriam, Nick, & Alli! It looks like you all had a fantastic time!

Just Me said...

Alli does look like a princess. And it wouldn't be a true meal without Miriam gorging herself!

The San Diego Mills said...

Hey lady! I am so, so excited to hear that you have a blog! Sad to say, but my blog is my main source of social life at the moment. It is definitely
a great way to get in contact with old friends, such as you! I will be checking your blog on a regular basis. It looks like you're having lots of fun with married life and your little girl, which makes me very happy to see! Congrats!

Lisa R.D. said...

I'm impressed with all the great things you did to make Easter meaningful... and Alli looks darling (she always does, but especially in these pictures!).