The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at
home in the bosom of my family.

-Thomas Jefferson


Friday, May 15, 2009

Wisdom of a Child


After a long and thoughtful moment of silence, Alli asked me, “Mom, how could we come from heaven without falling and breaking ourselves?” I should have known something profound was on its way, because the moments of silence are so rare. She loves to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk so that when she finally is quiet, I can almost hear the wheels turning in her head!

Another of her childhood musings was cloaked in innocent humor when she commented on her passing youth. She sighed when she said, “Perhaps I’m not a child anymore”. Apparently, she and her cousin, Landon, (also a preschooler) are done with being just a kid and are ready to move on to bigger and better things. Watch out world, these kiddos are sharp!!


I LOVE taking part in my sweet daughter’s innocence.

No comments: